- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- About us
- Contact us
Vendor Manager - E-commerce
Barclay Meade are working with dynamic and growing e-commerce business based in London, who are seeking an experience Vendor Manager to join them on a permanent basis.
Working directly for the Senior Vendor Manager the Vendor Manager will be accountable for all aspects of range and supplier management for our key categories. You will be responsible for developing the ranging strategy, sourcing the products, negotiating terms and managing the listing of the lines onto the site. You will work alongside Site Merchandising and In-Stock Management to ensure great on-site execution. You will manage a portfolio of vendors from ordering to promotion planning, range development and trading. Championing your brands portfolio to leverage great availability and revenue performances throughout the year.
VENDOR MANAGER ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Range development - Sourcing new products and signing up new suppliers
- Managing supplier relationships and negotiating commercial terms/cost pricing
- Managing and implementing our retail and promotional pricing
- Monitoring and responding to competitor and market pricing to ensure that we maintain our
- value position with customers
- Trading websites to maximise revenue, margin, and contribution without damaging
- the customer experience
- Day to day commercial trading & margin management
- Negotiating and agreeing promotions and promotional funding with suppliers
- Review, negotiate and where appropriate, sign off supplier cost price increases/reductions
- Trading, performance analysis and reporting to drive decision making
- Manage inventory purchasing and manage working capital to ensure we achieve availability
- targets without damaging our cash position
- Optimise inventory stockholding and achieve closing stock targets for each period
- Achieve stock availability targets and ensure that all customer orders are fulfilled 100% first
- Reduce working capital without damaging availability and achieve budget stock holding
- Developing and executing plans for inventory to stay in stock and in line with business
- financial goals
- Working with different teams to optimize supply chain lead times and costs
- Setting goals and managing performance against key inventory and operational metrics
- Provide regular volume and value forecasts to supplier to drive availability improvements
- Measure and manage vendor compliance to service standards e.g., OTIF, availability, lead
- times etc.
- Leverage data to drive analysis and decision-making
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION OF VENDOR MANAGER -
- Retail buying & range development
- Worked in an ecommerce environment
- Negotiations with third parties
- Suppliers management
- Proven experience in supply chain and/or merchandising
- WSSI and OTB experience
SKILLS & TRAITS REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION OF VENDOR MANAGER -
- Strong communication skills
- Hands on approach
- Excited by the prospect of building a world class business
- Good systems skills, excel, online reporting systems etc…
- Numerate & analytical
- Educated to degree level or higher desired but not essential
If you have experience working within an Account Manager / Vendor Manager / Merchandising role, ideally within e-commerce, then please apply below.
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.