- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- About us
- Contact us
Barclay Meade are working with a leading engineering business who are seeking a Buyer due to company growth.
- Take ownership on supply of assigned categories / suppliers
- Collaboration with the engineering and planning functions, determining what parts and materials are needed and in what quantities
- Support mini-competition tenders for price and delivery in compliance with procurement processes and public procurement rules
- Collaboration with the senior buyer to determine allocation of business based on mini competition tenders, managing costs within budgeted levels
- Updating of factory master system as required with pricing, leadtime and supplier information
- Expediting of parts and materials on PO to support ship build pla
- Communication and tie-off with key internal stakeholders
- Track, manage and communicate supplier performance
- Raising of PO's to cover associated requisitions (either manual or MRP driven)
Qualifications & Experience Needed:
- 2-5 years' experience in a Buying role from an Engineering / Construction background.
- Experience using an MRP system.
- Excellent supplier management and negotiation skills.
- CIPS or MCIPS is highly desirable.
- Positive approach - can do attitude, being a good ambassador for the business and the Procurement team
- Proactive - self-starter who can work independently when required and get things done
- Analytical - highly numerate with ability be data driven
- Accurate - high attention to detail, with consistency and accuracy in work
- Collaborative - building strong relationships with key stakeholders both external and internal to the business
- Communication - ability to summarise, keeping internal and external stakeholders adequately informed
- Structured - being disciplined, organised, process orientated and working to agreed timescales
- Adaptable - ability to manage multiple projects concurrently when required
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.