- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- About us
- Contact us
Buyer / Materials Controller
Barclay Meade is working with a global manufacturing business based in Slough who are recruiting for a Materials Controller / Planner to join their highly successful team.
The successful candidate will be exposed to the entire supply chain, from purchasing and material control through to works orders and production scheduling. They are looking for candidates with at least 3 years' experience in a similar role, ideally from an Engineering or Manufacturing environment.
- Placing purchase orders, obtaining the best prices possible.
- Running/processing of MRP.
- Cost Down activity.
- Generating stock reports for suppliers.
- Expediting of purchase orders.
- Support the team in contract negotiations.
- Monitoring stock levels to keep optimum stock.
- Committing materials to customer orders.
- Planning supply chain to avoid material shortages in production.
- Manage supplier performance.
Skills / Experience Required:
- 3 or more years' experience working in a purchasing / supply chain department.
- Previous experience of MRP/ERP systems.
- Good technical understanding - preferably from an Engineering or Manufacturing background.
- Excellent computer skills including MS office.
- Strong administration and communication skills.
- Positive attitude and able to work to deadlines.
You will receive a competitive base salary, 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), company pension scheme, company shares scheme and plenty of opportunities to train and progress within the company.
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.