- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- About us
- Contact us
Supply Chain Manager
An SME sized, electro-mechanical engineering business need a Supply Chain Manager, to reduce costs and drive procurement strategy. Applicants need procurement expertise in a manufacturing or engineering environment, and leadership experience.
An SME sized, electro-mechanical engineering business require a Supply Chain Manager, to take cost out of the business and drive procurement strategy. Applicants need procurement expertise within a manufacturing or engineering environment, and leadership experience.
The Supply Chain Manager will work closely with the MD and senior leadership team, to firstly drive costs-out of the business and then develop a long tern procurement strategy. The business has a turnover of c£10M, and spends approx £5M on direct materials and services for manufacturing, across; electronics and mechanics. The Supply Chain Manager will also be responsible for providing leadership and mentoring to a small purchasing team, and supporting wider business objectives such as the implementation of a new MRP / ERP system.
This is a fantastic opportunity, to join a growing and ambitious business with a strong order book from customers across a diverse range of industry sectors.
Specific duties of the Supply Chain Manager include:
- Review of current procurement and supply chain department processes, procedures and controls, make recommendations and implement
- Review of current supply chain partners, and re-select or de-select as appropriate
- Develop procurement strategies with the view of making a more profitable business
- Ownership for and achievement of, company savings targets
- Support the implementation and embedding of the new ERP/MRP system within the supply chain function
- Management of a small team across purchasing and expediting
Supply Chain Manager applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Procurement experience within a manufacturing or engineering business
- Leadership, management or experience of supervising staff/teams
- The ability to demonstrate success in cost savings, or driving improved supply chain performance
- Comfortable working with senior stakeholders
- Positive, pro-active approach and the desire to "get things done".
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.