- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- About us
- Contact us
A leading facilities management service provider require a Buyer. Applicants need to be mobile to work from home or at customer locations, and have facilities management, MRO purchasing or indirect procurement experience
A leading facilities management service provider require a Buyer. Applicants need to be mobile to work from home or at customer locations, and have facilities management, MRO purchasing or indirect procurement experience.
The FM Buyer will work as part of a large procurement team, procuring facilities management (hard and soft) services on behalf of customers in Hampshire. This is a roaming role, in which the Buyer will work between; home, customer locations in Cambridgeshire, and regional offices. Travel can be expensed and the company are offering a car, or car allowance to help with the travel. The majority of contracts are based in the Peterborough area, but my client do have customers throughout Cambridgeshire.
My client are offering a salary of £35000 - £38000, and there is a car or car allowance of c£4,500 as part of the package.
The FM Buyer will help ensure customers receive an effective facilities management service from the business, and selected supply chain partners. In the role, you would need to foster effective relationships with; suppliers, stakeholders and customers. Procurement governance and working with site procurement teams to follow procurement processes, is also a part of the role.
Specific duties of the FM Buyer include:
- Manage operational relationships with the supply chain
- Select new supply partners, negotiate and award contracts
- Help achieve cost-saving targets , through re-negotiation, aggregation/consolidation of spend
- Challenge costs and ensure value for money on all contract agreements
- Champion procurement processes and systems
- Implement supplier improvement programmes
FM Buyer applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Facilities management, MRO purchasing or indirect procurement experience
- Knowledge/understanding of facilities management, or a similar service provision
- Understanding of business partner approach to procurement
- Negotiation and supplier management experience
- Excellent communication, teamwork and stakeholder engagement skills
- CIPS / Part CIPS - preferred
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.