- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Contact us
A niche automotive company are recruiting a Buyer to come in and join their team. You will manage the on time delivery of conforming materials and parts, for new and existing product's.
- Performs complex purchasing activities including pricing, volume discounts, negotiating terms and long-term contracts with suppliers, and delivery of goods\services
- Negotiates best terms (price, delivery, and payment terms) with suppliers, while maintaining efficient output of purchase orders, to reach highest quality at best value
- Establishes source selection criteria for evaluation of quotations including target pricing
- Evaluates quotations received from prospective suppliers and makes decisions regarding award of purchase orders
You should have:
- A minimum CIPS level 5 qualification (or equivalent experience)
- Have experience working within an engineering, manufacturing or R&D environment.
- Sound understanding of manufacturing processes
- Ability to review and understand technical proposals, technical drawings and specifications.
- Good problem solving and team working skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills.
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.