- Looking to hire?
- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- Client portal
- About us
- Contact us
Senior Commodity Buyer / Strategic Buyer
A prestigious engineering manufacturer is looking to recruit for a Senior Category Buyer based in Hinkley on a fulltime permanent basis.
A prestigious engineering manufacturer is looking to recruit for a Senior Commodity Buyer/Strategic Buyer based in Hinkley on a full time permanent basis.
Role - Senior Commodity Buyer/Strategic Buyer
Type - Permanent
Locations - Hinkley
Salary - Competitive (DOE)
Key responsibilities for Senior Commodity Buyer/Strategic Buyer and will not be limited to:
- Manage a selection of suppliers a given commodity group(s).
- Manage a graduate buyer, drive their learning and development within the department
- Manage and own the sourcing and development activities of components for new model programmes to achieve key stage gates before handing over ownership to the Supply Chain Team for ongoing production.
- Develop a strategy for their commodities ensuring best value and quickest and most suitable sources for new model development programmes.
- Analyse supplier resources to ensure continued development support.
- Perform category management including strategic sourcing, supplier relationship management, contract, performance and risk management.
- Evaluate cost data and quotation analyses for supplier selections.
- Identify cost saving opportunities and developing a strategy through VE or negotiations.
- Develop and maintain expert knowledge of their commodity's global supply market and ensure a suitable knowledge base is maintained for the company.
- Preparation of reports and presentations for their respective categories.
- Any other related tasks to support the daily running of the department.
Key skills and experience required for Senior Commodity Buyer/Strategic Buyer job applicant and will not be limited to:
- Self-motivated and resilient, flexible and adaptable.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills, clear and concise written and verbal skills and ability to write coherent reports.
- Able to make systematic and logical judgements.
- Ability to understand and discuss technical matters.
- Negotiation skills and able to prioritise.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to include problem solving, can-do attitude, self-motivation, and be able to negotiate and influence at all levels.
- Attention to detail and having a high degree of accuracy.
- Proficient in Microsoft Packages including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Good commercial awareness and acumen.
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible to address immediate priorities and still manage deadlines with longer-term projects and strategic initiatives.
- Effective organisational skills and good at time management.
To apply for this Senior Commodity Buyer / Strategic Buyer / Senior Category Buyer / Senior Buyer candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.