- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- About us
- Contact us
An aerospace defence contractor require a Commercial Manager. Applicant need Commercial Contract Management expertise, legal knowledge regarding contracts, the ability to manage a team, and ideally an understanding of aerospace or defence sectors.
A leading aerospace defence contractor require a Commercial Manager. Applicant need Commercial Contract Management expertise, legal knowledge relating to contracts, the ability to manage a team, and ideally an understanding of aerospace or defence sectors.
The Commercial Manager will work on a range of; existing, live and new contracts with defence sector customers. Significant customers are the UK MOD and US DOD, and the Commercial Manager will become familiar with customer T&Cs such as; DEFCONs, FARs and DFARs. Managing and motivating a small commercial team, and providing contractual and legal advise to mitigate risk and educate stakeholders will also be important elements of the role.
Specific duties of the Commercial Manager include:
- Create commercial and contractual documents in support of bids, proposals and new business activity
- Manage the commercial aspects of customer contracts, ensuring compliance and commercial success
- Negotiation of new and existing (change management, extensions, de-scope) customer contracts
- Manage, mentor and delegate workload for a small commercial team
- Provision of commercial/legal advice around; IP, Confidentiality, Collaboration, ITAR, Risk and governance
Commercial Manager applicants should meet, some of the below criteria:
- Commercial Contract Management experience within a defence or aerospace contracting environment.
- A legal understanding pertaining to commercial contracts
- Experience of managing staff, or the ability to manage a small commercial team
- An open, and honest communicator capable of building strong relationship with colleagues and stakeholders
- A law degree OR equivalent experience OR a commercial contract management accreditation e.g. IACCM
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.