- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- About us
- Contact us
Barclay Meade are working with a growing and highly successful business based in Oxfordshire who are creating an additional Supply Chain team to manage one of their new products.
They are hiring for a number of roles including a Demand Planner to maintain forecast models and ensure customer orders can be fulfilled. This role will be an initial 6-month fixed contract with potential to go permanent.
- Delivering the demand plan for use in both a financial and production planning capacity as well as to provide support to the senior management team in making decisions for the business.
- Developing demand forecasts (operational forecasts) at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons as part of a demand planning function.
- Reviewing historical demand trends, researching demand drivers, preparing forecast data, developing forecast models, and evaluating forecast results.
- Documenting assumptions related to major changes of forecast.
- Coordinating cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and adjusting the forecast model to reflect updated demand and Product Management assumptions.
- Interacting with Sales, Product Management and other customers to understand demand forecast drivers.
- Supporting sales, new product launch and product management teams in reporting the monthly forecast accuracy.
- Maintaining a detailed knowledge of sales strategies and initiatives including gaps and opportunities between latest forecast and annual operating plans and using this information to optimise planning
- Closely coordinating and communicate demand forecast plans with Supply Chain Production Schedulers and Production.
Skills / Experience Required:
- At least 3 years' experience in supply chain/forecasting/demand planning a manufacturing environment.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills with commercial and financial acumen and are skilled in data gathering, quantitative data analysis, metrics etc
- Experience with complex planning, forecasting and product lifecycle programs as well as sales and operational planning process facilitation and strong PC skills including Excel and AX Dynamics. Ideally, also experienced with demand-driven MRP.
- Communication and interpersonal skills are first class and you are confident interacting with all levels of management and enjoy working collaboratively with others and being part of a team.
- Proactive problem solver and someone who is able to evaluate situations, identify options and implement effective solutions with the customer in mind.
- Degree in Business Management or Supply Chain Management and/or APICS or CIPS qualification is highly desirable.
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.