- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- About us
- Contact us
Buyer / Purchasing Manager
We are looking for an experienced Buyer / Procurement Manager / Purchasing Manager to set up the procurement system, design and implement procurement procedures and manage the supply of goods.
Launched in 2020, this company offers an exciting opportunity within an extremely fast growing and dynamic business. This position will be a home based position (fully remote), and is seeking someone to start ASAP.
Key Responsibilities for the Buyer / Purchasing Manager will include:
- Devise and implement procurement policies and procedures
- Devise and use fruitful sourcing strategies
- Discover profitable suppliers and initiate business and organization partnerships
- Negotiate with external vendors to secure advantageous terms
- Approve the ordering of necessary goods and services
- Finalize purchase details of orders and deliveries
- Examine and test existing contracts
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Collaborate with key persons to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations of the company
- Foresee alterations in the comparative negotiating ability of suppliers and clients
- Expect unfavourable events through analysis of data and prepare control strategies
- Perform risk management for supply contracts and agreements
- Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs
Requirements for the position of Buyer / Purchasing Manager
- Proven working experience as a Procurement Manager, Procurement Officer or Head of Procurement
- Experience purchasing high volume / low value product
- Experience liaising with suppliers in the Far East / Asia
- Ability to work well independently, using own initiative
If you have experience working within a Purchasing / Procurement function, as a Buyer or Manager, and hold a background in working with suppliers in the Far East, then please apply below.
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.