- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- About us
- Contact us
Procurement & Supply Chain Manager
A global manufacturing business require a Procurement & Supply Chain Manager, to lead supply chain activities across 3 global locations. Applicants need significant experience in a procurement or supply chain leadership role.
A global manufacturing business require a Procurement & Supply Chain Manager, to oversee end-to-end supply chain activities across 3 locations - 1 in the UK, and 2 in North America. Applicants need significant experience in a procurement or supply chain leadership role.
The Procurement & Supply Chain Manager will form a crucial part of a site leadership team in the UK, while also having oversight of supply chain activities at 2 North American locations. The Procurement & Supply Chain Manager will form part of an international procurement community - helping to develop procurement processes, policies and strategies on a global basis. This organisation produce a range of high-technology manufacturing services and products, and service a diverse customer base.
Specific duties of the Procurement & Supply Chain Manager include:
- Define and implement procurement, and commodity management strategies at a local level
- Provide leadership for the on-site procurement and supply chain function
- Oversee the development of S&OP and demand strategies, which will be led by SMEs
- Optimise use of MRP to drive demand requirements and operation vendor management
- Allocate procurement resources to support NPI activities
- Strategic management and development of contract manufacturers and agreement of long term supply agreements
- Drafting of development and succession plans
Procurement & Supply Chain Manager applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Experience in a procurement or supply chain leadership capacity, in a global manufacturing or engineering business
- Experience on a global scale - in terms of supply chains and stakeholder communities
- Strategic procurement, commodity management, subcontract management and experience of long term supply agreements
- An understanding of supply chain planning tools - S&OP, MRP, demand planning and capacity planning
- Leadership qualities and gravitas
- A strategist, who is able to influence, lead, persuade and plan for the future
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.