- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- About us
- Contact us
Barclay Meade are working with a rapidly expanding UK business who are seeking a Buyer to join their Fashion team.
This is the perfect opportunity for somebody with a solid purchasing background in the fashion industry, who is looking for that next step in their career. The client is able to offer long-term development opportunities and will build on your existing experience and skills.
The role is commutable from the following locations: Basingstoke, Farnham, Farnborough, Guildford, Woking, Reading, Bracknell, Slough etc.
- Work with the buying team to deliver the brand strategy, providing energy to drive the business forward and have innovative ideas for the category.
- Manage the category to achieve optimum performance and profit growth.
- Source new suppliers and meet with suppliers to negotiate agreements which will achieve cost savings for the business.
- Obtain maximum flexibility and reliability from suppliers.
- Competent in data analysis to identify opportunities from weekly reports, analyse trading patterns and take appropriate action.
- Prevent quality problems by considering and solving issues early on.
Skills and experience needed:
- Excellent knowledge of fashion industry.
- Previous purchasing experience in fashion- ideally within women's clothing.
- Confident negotiation and relationship building skills.
- Proactive in seeking out new opportunities and reacting quickly to trends.
- Ability to influence and communicate effectively at all levels.
- Can perform under pressure and operate in a fast paced environment.
- Hard-working and proactive nature.
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.