- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- About us
- Contact us
Supply Chain Manager
A Supply Chain Manager is required by an SME manufacturer on a 12 month FTC basis. Applicants need end-to-end supply chain experience within manufacturing, encompassing; procurement, production planning and inventory management.
A Supply Chain Manager is required by an SME manufacturer on a 12 month FTC basis. Applicants need end-to-end supply chain experience within manufacturing, encompassing; procurement, production planning and inventory management
The Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for the procurement of raw materials, components and sub-contract services. They will give leadership to a small purchasing and planning team who work closely with an MRP system, while collaborating with senior stakeholders across the business. This is an exciting, front-to-back supply chain role, in which the job holder will be responsible for decisions across; procurement, planning and operations.
The Supply Chain Manager role is available on a 12 month fixed term contract basis.
Specific duties of the Supply Chain Manager include:
- Identify, develop and manage supplier and subcontractor relationships
- Negotiation with suppliers and subcontract partners
- Make Vs. Buy decisions
- Manage and monitor supplier and supply chain metrics around; quality, delivery and price
- Ensure accurate administration of procurement and supplier data in MRP
- Build effective relationships with; Production Control, Quality, Planning, Drawing Office and Sales
- Give leadership to the purchasing and planning team
Supply Chain Manager applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Purchasing, Procurement or Supply Chain Management experience
- Procurement & Supply Chain experience within a manufacturing or engineering business
- Leadership qualities and a proactive approach
- Experience in the procurement of raw materials and subcontract manufacturing services - advantageous
- Level 4 CIPS qualification / Degree - desirable
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.