- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- About us
- Contact us
Senior Commodity Manager
A high technology manufacturing business require a Senior Commodity Manager. Reporting to the Head of Procurement, the Commodity Manager will manage a spend of £30-£40M, support NPI and sourcing strategies.
A high technology manufacturing business require a Commodity Manager. Reporting to the Head of Procurement, the Senior Commodity Manager will manage a spend of £30-£40M, support NPI and sourcing strategies.
The Senior Commodity Manager will join the business at a very exciting time, as key new products are being bought to market and new supply chain partners and procurement processes need to be identified to support this group. A strategic procurement role, the Senior Commodity Manager will report to the Head of Procurement and handle a commodity spend of £30-£40M. The initial focus will be on; optics, electronics, PCBAs, and mechanics, although there could be some fluidity in this, over time. Southampton is an important global hub for my client with both manufacturing and R&D based here - the Senior Commodity Manager will work collaboratively with these stakeholders.
This exciting opportunity is a new position for the business. Reporting to the Head of Procurement, there is a wider team of 5 who handle more, operational purchasing and supply chain activities. The Senior Commodity Manager will also have opportunities, to mentor less experienced colleagues.
Specific duties of the Senior Commodity Manager include:
- Procurement of goods/services across the commodity - optics, electronics, PCBA, mechanics
- Manage RFQs, tenders and develop supplier selection methods
- Negotiate costs and identify/deliver cost reduction programmes
- Support NPI development and launch
- Effective supplier relationship management
- Engage with stakeholders
- Mentor less experienced staff, and support Head of Procurement with strategic tasks
Senior Commodity Management applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Procurement experience within a high-tech, manufacturing or engineering environment
- Experience developing commodity or category management strategies
- Experience and knowledge of NPI procurement related tasks
- Knowledge of optics, electronics, mechanics or PCBA supplier market - desirable
- Strong supplier negotiation and vendor management skills
- Degree / CIPS - Desirable
This role would suit applicants currently working as a; Senior Buyer, Category Manager, Commodity Manager, Procurement Manager, Purchasing Manager, Category Buyer, Commodity Buyer, NPI Buyer
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.