- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- About us
- Contact us
Supply Planner - 12 Month FTC
Barclay Meade are working with a global and growing business based in Aldershot, who are currently seeking a Supply Planner to join them on a 12 month FTC with the view to turning permanent.
The role of Supply Planner will be to manage the order placement process in line with Company forecasts and net stock position. To improve supply reliability from both in-company and external vendors in order to meet the high service level expectations of the customers. To effectively manage the supply process and relationships to ensure minimised operational costs (stock and freight). To support the Planning Manager in improving stock-turns, customer service levels and operational cost effectiveness. To be the single point of contact for all sourcing sites and lead the collaboration models.
Salary - up to £35,000 + bonus and benefits
Location - Aldershot
Key responsibilities for the position of Supply Planner / Materials Planner -
- Shared responsibility for meeting the company booking and billing targets every month.
- Understand the forecasting process and support the Planning Manager in improving forecast accuracy.
- Understand the inventory parameters and settings that drive the purchase order requirements and support modification of those parameters to improve stock effectiveness.
- Managing the purchase order process including:- placement of orders in line with forecasts and stock position in a timely manner / managing system (SAP) exception messages and communicating all revisions on open purchase orders to factories / ensuring correct buy-prices are used for products in all P/O's / liaison with in-company factories and external suppliers to ensure that lead-times are adhered to and shipments are made in line with our expectations / responding to changes in demand by expediting and de-expediting purchase orders / coordinating decision making with regard to freight method / working with the internal Sales and Customer Service teams to resolve supply problems, changes to customer demands and direct/indirect shipments / provide accurate promise dates to customers via the internal Sales and Customer Service teams
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to support the introduction of new products.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to manage product discontinuations.
- Manage and maintain SAP product master data such as lead times, safety stock settings and volumetrics.
- Support the Planning Manager in process and policy improvement in the areas of forecasting, safety and replenishment stock and purchase order management.
- Measure and report variances in the performance of internal and external vendors.
- Coordinate the reverse logistics process when there are quality issues.
- Measure and report variances in the performance of the purchase order process.
Key skills/experience required for the position of Supply Planner / Materials Controller -
- An understanding of inventory management, replenishment and supply planning in a distribution environment. This should include experience of:- item classification / safety stock setting and/or re-order point settings / process improvement and lead-time reduction / purchase order processing / supply exception management / expediting and de-expediting / supplier performance improvement / managing excess and obsolete stock / It is likely that you have worked in a high service level business to business environment, preferably automotive or similar (E).
- Comprehensive working knowledge / experience of advanced planning and transactional management systems such as SAP (E).
- Ability to work under pressure and highly adaptable to changing priorities (E)
- Proficient communication skills; written & oral (E)
- Professional and Confident utilisation of MS Office applications; specifically Excel to an 'advanced' level (E)
If you are an experienced Supply Planner / Materials Controller and are seeking a new challenge within a fast paced and growing environment, then please apply below.
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.