- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Contact us
The Material Controller ensures that all information regarding requirements and priorities is furnished to our supply partners to enable them to deliver on time and in full.
- To be the point of contact for assigned suppliers with respect to inventory & future schedules. Proactively set up meeting with purchasing (where required) to present schedule changes and capacity constraints
- To use MRP to balance demand and supply, creating a delivery plan that satisfies the combined requirements of production, development, and any other sources, keeping inventory within approved limits. Reduce obsolescence and inventory holding to company targets.
- To ensure the suppliers have committed to the schedules, and where necessary work together to create and implement achievable recovery plans.
- To be responsible for pro-actively identifying, escalating, and addressing risks to production requirements (capacity constraints/shutdowns etc.), supplier lead times, schedule stability, planned inventory levels and warehousing capacities.
- To support Engineering in the effective implementation of new parts, ensuring MRP demand is accurate and coordinating the appropriate run out and ramp up of stock to ensure minimum financial impact due to part obsolescence.
- To conduct scenario modelling to assess the impact of changes to demand and supply and to work with stakeholders to agree and implement a plan which will obtain optimal results.
- Own and manage MRP parameter data to deliver the correct inventory levels and stability to BUK Operations.
- To manage schedules against KPIs measuring all factors which affect materials and production planning.
- If appropriate, to plan and provide logistical support for new model projects / option introductions.
- Confident in dealing with stakeholders, in ensuring the requirements of the department and wider business are met.
- Understanding of OEM supply chains and supplier manufacturing processes.
- Experience of working with MRP is essential
- Strong excel and data interpretation skills.
- Comprehensive grasp of planning principles and objectives.
- Proven ability to make sound and logical decisions.
- Structured and organised approach to the management of work
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.