- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Contact us
A global OEM Automotive company are recruiting a Power Train System Buyer. Applicants need purchasing experience within the automotive sector.
The Buyer will work within a dynamic and forward thinking procurement team.
Specific duties of the Buyer include:
- Development of detailed and intelligent strategies that align with the organisations commercial and technology roadmaps as well as those of our key suppliers.
- Delivering annual cost saving targets for series production vehicles
- Full procurement life-cycle responsibility and autonomy for sourcing of high quality, value for money goods and services, utilising robust and objective sourcing processes that represent best-in-class practices.
- Develop SRM processes with suppliers to build long-term relationships and synergies based upon common goals and objectives.
- Accountability for cost management for pre series BOM and Investment
- Support and foster a cross-functional approach to achieve your objectives.
- Creating clear contractual schedules and following my client's change management process and setting clear objectives to monitor performance of your suppliers and other functions within the organisation
- Ownership of self-development and training requirements.
- To lead from commodity strategy through to SOP the Hybrid & Electrical purchasing team ensuring adherence to my client's automotive product creation process and programme commercial boundaries.
- Support the Purchasing manager to achieve optimal results for my client, balancing quality, service and cost to achieve great stakeholder satisfaction.
- Act as liaison between my client and their suppliers, ensuring stakeholder requirements and concerns are fully understood and ensure these are fed back during the appropriate stages to the suppliers.
- Work cross-functionally to drive quality, service and commercial rigour into every aspect of our business.
Applicants to the Buyer position should meet the following criteria:
- Cross category procurement experience, ideally with experience of delivering Automotive programmes.
- Demonstrated ability to lead negotiations and support in the development of negotiation strategies for large and complex projects and contracts.
- Strong leadership qualities, excellent influencing, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organisational skills, deadline adherence and exceptional attention to accuracy and detail.
- Excellent written and presentational skills
- Ability to understand complex and abstract concepts (legal, technical and/or commercial) and being able to present the information in an informative and simplified manner; such that key decisions can be made quickly and objectively.
- Able to demonstrate a methodical approach towards problem solving.
- Ability to play a lead role in contract negotiation, implementation and management.
- Proven supply chain management and procurement experience, dealing with both small and large value organisations.
- Previous experience with an OEM Manufacture would be beneficial.
- CIPS would be beneficial.
This job description may not detail some less major duties allocated to the post holder, nor cover duties of a similar nature, commensurate with the role, which may from time to time be reasonably required by the relevant manager.
My Client is offering a range of benefits to their employees at all levels. They include Private Healthcare, Contributory Pension Scheme, Life Assurance and Personal Lease Car Schemes.
If you feel like you will be a good fit or know anyone that would be feel free to get in touch.
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.