- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Contact us
Senior Category Specialist - Automotive
I am currently recruiting for a senior category specialist for a global FTSE 25 company. The succesful candidate will have extensive procurement experience within the Automotive industry.
The succesful candidate will ideally have experience in the following:
- Developing a category
- Setting up complex supply chains (from regional to global)
- Dealt with complex contracts within the automotive industry
- Experience in prototype/components/powertrain
- Understanding the clients business objectives, engaging and challenging internal stakeholders.
- Working with business stakeholders to identify demand and identify supply opportunities and drive strategic procurement activity to deliver value to the business; and its products.
- Implementation of sourcing initiatives in alignment with applicable market sector and commodity strategies including processing procurement activities administratively.
- Supporting the set-up of 'fit for purpose' supply chains to enable the pre-production/UK production requirements in line with the Nexcel business plans.
- Delivery of agreed financial targets, including cost and working capital benefits.
- Delivery of agreed compliance targets, including contract compliance.
- Procurement experience in the automotive industry is essential.
- Ability to converse at a technical level in the automotive industry with experience working in a prototype/pre-production environment converting to total full production of a manufactured product is highly desirable.
- Demonstrable experience in procurement is essential with experience of setting up complex supply chains.
- Experience of negotiating with suppliers and developing or writing complex contracts.
- Proven experience of developing and executing complex category strategies.
- Experience dealing with global and regional companies.
- Self- starter with the ability to deal with strategic requirements as well as tactical and be able to converse with all levels of business and supplier stakeholders.
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.