- Looking to hire?
- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- Client portal
- About us
- Contact us
Senior Group Financial Controller
Barclay Meade Finance and Accountancy is proud to be partnering with this Hampshire based Plc on an exclusive basis to attract and recruit a Senior Group Financial Controller.
The Senior Group Financial Controller will report into the Deputy CFO and will responsible for a team of 5 Financial Controllers and a wider team of c20, made up of Qualified and Part Qualified Accountants.
The role is responsible for overseeing the production of the financial reporting requirements for the Group of companies with an emphasis on ensuring financial controls are maintained, providing reporting and assurance to the senior management team and exec board.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Lead, own and co-ordinate the production of the monthly numbers for the Group.
- Manage the preparation of the applicable statutory and regulatory reporting standards and policies.
- Be an instrumental part in driving through a finance transformation programme.
- Management of the legal entity balance sheets, including overseeing key areas of judgement.
- Attend entity board meetings when required.
- Risk Assessment.
- Acting as main contact point for external auditors.
- Work closely with the tax team to ensure legal entity tax reporting and provisions are consistent and accurate with corporate standards.
- Ensure compliance with all finance policies and procedures.
- Maintain a robust financial control environment. Build and maintain strong partnerships with the other members of the wider finance team to share best practice and standards.
- Assist in managing and implementing any required changes to financial reporting, systems or procedures smoothly and efficiently.
- Ensure all accounting and financial processes are fully documented and remain up-to-date.
This opportunity would suit a technically strong accountant with prior change management and relevant team leadership capabilities. This role interfaces with senior leaders from across the business and requires strong and influential communication skills.
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Sally Spicer at Barclay Meade on 01489 873470 or email
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.