- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- Client portal
- About us
- Contact us
An entrepreneurial FMCG business require a Buyer. Applicants need commercial acumen, and/or procurement experience within FMCG, retail, a product or finish goods setting.
An entrepreneurial FMCG business require a Buyer. Applicants need commercial acumen, and/or procurement experience within FMCG, retail, a product or finish goods setting. This is a fantastic role with a successful business, with a growing order book.
The Buyer will join a small team of Buyers, reporting into the Procurement Manager. This role would suit someone with commercial acumen and an entrepreneurial spirit. The focus of the role is the procurement of finished product from, predominately overseas suppliers to satisfy the demand of UK customers.
Specific duties of the Buyer include:
- Support the Procurement Manager in the implementation of procurement department strategy.
- Sourcing of bespoke customer items and seasonal products
- Negotiation with suppliers based on; cost, quality and delivery.
- Stock control, stock replenishment, including the management of stock returns.
- Use customer demand forecasts, as a basis of for sourcing and stock control decisions
- Support NPD activities from a procurement perspective
Buyer applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Buying, Purchasing, Sourcing, Merchandising or Supply Chain experience
- Exposure to; FMCG, retail sectors would be desirable, manufacturing backgrounds also considered.
- An understanding of stock control
- Commercial acumen and the ability to spot an opportunity for cost savings/avoidance.
- The ability to work effectively within a small team