- Looking to hire?
- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- Client portal
- About us
- Contact us
Senior Project Control Manager
DE&S and SDa are looking for 10 Project Control Manaaer in Abbeywood Bristol
At Defence Equipment & Support (DE&S) and the Submarine Delivery Agency (SDA), we're here to provide for the Army, the Royal Navy, and the Royal Air Force, as they serve our country all over the world. We support those on the front line by providing smarter tech. Vehicles that go further, and faster. Newer, more effective equipment for land, sea, and air. We deliver the kit the UK military needs to maintain advantage and stay protected, as they protect life at home and overseas.
Our people push for best-in-class every day - because it helps keep our nation safe. So whatever your background, whatever your skillset, if you're driven to set new standards, find your place with us.
The Project Controls function is responsible for providing the right information, at the right time, to support better-informed decisions. Driving accountability, responsibility and efficiency, our Project Controls teams are involved in all phases of every project helping to predict and oversee time and cost management.
We're an Association for Project Management accredited organisation, and as part of our team you'll benefit from plenty of opportunities for development, on-going training, access to funded professional qualifications, and a c.27% employer pension contribution. You'll also have access to a wide range of employee networks, including the Women's Inclusive Network, Race & Culture Network, Pride Network, Disability Network - and many more. We recognise that the best people for the job may have commitments outside of work, so we're pleased to promote flexible working to support our colleagues in balancing work and home life.
Are you experienced in delivering projects and looking for an exciting new opportunity? Do you want a role working on once-in-a-lifetime projects? Do multiple diverse opportunities for career progression appeal to you? If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
As a Senior Project Controls Manager, do you want the opportunity to fulfill your ambition to work on an exciting, diverse and complex range of projects. Defence experience is not a prerequisite; we encourage candidates with transferable skills across many sectors of industry to apply.
Please note due to the senior nature of this role, there is an expectation that you will be required to attend Abbey Wood 2-3 days a week to successfully undertake these roles.
We strongly recommend tailoring your CV in line with our CV guidance before applying, with specific sections to highlight Key Achievements, Relevant Experience, and Applied Skills & Knowledge.
As a Senior Project Controls Manager, you will have the opportunity to:
- Manage Project Controls across the full lifecycle of our projects including implementation and interpretation of data to support strategy and Project Delivery.
- Integrate key project elements of scope, schedule, cost, risk and earned value management, using your knowledge and experience to tailor appropriately.
- Manage project reporting, including the generation and interpretation of portfolio/project dashboards and associated analysis and recommendations to support informed decisions and change.
- Engage stakeholders and suppliers, including analysing and challenging performance information.
- Championing Continuous Improvement and best practice across the delivery team and organisation.
- Proactively supporting, coaching and mentoring across your team and wider stakeholders.
- Continuously develop yourself and your professional skills.
To be successful with your application you must demonstrate that you meet the following essential criteria:
- Experience managing a combination of the broad elements in Project Delivery (e.g. risk management, estimating, planning & scheduling, cost control, change management)
- Previous experience within Project Controls Management position OR relevant management experience within a project environment
It will also benefit your application if you are able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
- Willingness to work towards membership to a suitable accredited organisation.
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competencies and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
- Controlling a project
- Stakeholder Management
- Seeing the Bigger picture