- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- Client portal
- About us
- Contact us
Commercial Manager / Team Leader - Birmingham
We are seeking the talents of an individual with significant and demonstrable experience of leading and managing a commercial team at a senior level.
The position is for a fixed term of 12 months to cover Maternity Leave. The successful incumbent will have a base in Birmingham.
You will be leading a Cost Intelligence Team of 6 persons with responsibility for managing, developing and motivating the team whilst also ensuring compliance with all relevant health and safety policy and processes.
You will be responsible for setting, monitoring and assuring progress against internal targets for Efficiency, holding key internal stakeholders to account and rationalising multiple sources of data into a single version of the truth.
You'll also have responsibility for the deployment of the Efficiency and Inflation Monitoring Manual, ensuring secondary evidence (e.g. case studies and movements in unit costs) supports the primary metric (i.e. delivering schemes within agreed funding).
Other responsibilities will include:
- Chairing the Efficiency Working Group, ensuring areas of best practice are shared across the business.
- Supporting detailed monthly reporting of progress towards the Efficiency KPI.
- Providing specialist advice and communications across the organisation on Efficiency matters, acting as a centre of excellence.
- Providing central analysis to support efficiency claims and use Cost Intelligence data to evidence delivery.
You will be someone with significant and demonstrable experience of leading and managing a commercial team at a senior level. You will have a track record of delivering timely commercial outcomes, linked to the ability to develop constructive working relationships within and across teams, suppliers, other clients and industry bodies.
You will have knowledge and experience of:
- Cost analysis, risk management and negotiation within large programmes of work.
- Contract management in an infrastructure and/or construction related environment
- Determining cost drivers and cost comparisons through benchmarking to drive greater efficiencies.
- Leading process change (continuous improvement) and implementing new commercial management processes/systems.
If you are a highly numerate and analytical individual with the ability to step easily into a new environment, manage and inspire a small team and engage with and challenge a broad range of internal stakeholders across a large and complex business then we'd love to hear from you.
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.