- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- About us
- Contact us
Trade Compliance Officer - Aero/Defence
My clients who are a leading Defence business are currently recruiting for a Trade Compliance Officer based in either Farnborough OR Portsmouth on a permanent basis.
My clients who are a leading Defence business are currently recruiting for a Trade Compliance Officer based in Farnborough OR Portsmouth on a permanent basis.
Joining a large-scale defence organisation, this role will join an established Trade Compliance team to support and advise on all their import and export activities.
Role - Trade Compliance Officer / Trade Compliance Specialist
Location - Farnborough OR Portsmouth (Full remote working currently and hybrid post lockdown with the flexibility to work from home)
Type - Permanent
Salary - £30,000 - £40,000 (DOE)
Key responsibilities of the Trade Compliance Officer / Trade Compliance Specialist role and not be limited to:
- Providing guidance and training on the impact of import and export control regulations and licencing, dealing with internal and external customers/agencies to ensure trade compliance and allow business objectives to be met in the most effective and efficient manner possible
- Determine the HMRC tariff and procedure codes for imports and exports as required
- Liaising with nominated freight forwarder to organise all movements required by the businesses
- Determine the classification of goods, software and technology to be exported
- Prepare accurate and compliant import/export paperwork, customs documents and maintain complete records for audit plus export licence and F680 applications
- Support US customers and suppliers in the scoping of accurate US authorisation applications to support programmes/business development
Key skills and experience required for Trade Compliance Officer / Trade Compliance Specialist role and not limited to:
- Knowledge of UK, EU and US import and export controls
- Experience in the selection and use of licences, licence exceptions, and development, implementation, and management of a compliance program, including training, policies, guidelines and procedures;
- Experience in technology export classification preferred
- Experience in imports/exports related to the defence industry preferred
- Must be eligible to gain UK SC clearance
- Good written and verbal communication skills to allow communication of detailed and complicated subjects in a manner that is appropriate to the audience
To apply for this Trade Compliance Officer / Trade Compliance Specialist / Trade Officer / Trade Specialist / Global Trade Compliance Officer / Global Trade Compliance Specialist / Global Trade Officer / Global Trade Specialist, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.