- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- About us
- Contact us
Strategic Sourcing Specialist - Engineering & Design
We are seeking an experienced Purchasing professional with a stable background to join this successful procurement team in Bedfordshire.
This is a vibrant and rapidly expanding procurement team with several UK office locations and modern flexible working arrangements. We're seeking an individual with a strong proven track-record in delivering complex strategic sourcing and developing and leading category management strategy. You will be joining the team at an incredibly critical point in its growth and with a multitude of developmental opportunity attached to the role, you will be in a position to make a real impact on both the organisation and on your own career.
- Strong ability to manage the sourcing strategy and critical success factors internally and externally
- Strong negotiation skills and understanding of contracts and supply agreements
- A track record of successfully developing strong stakeholder management at all levels and across different business areas to implement and embed new ways of working
- Ability to work quickly across multiple projects / initiatives simultaneously
- Previous experience in working in a regulated environment is desirable but not essential
- You'll be responsible for the development of procurement sourcing strategy across architectural, engineering and services design categories, managing spend in the region of £700m
- You'll be required to engage credibly with internal stakeholders across the organisation, communicating your vision effectively to enable you to bring people along on the journey
- You'll ensure that Category Management is seen in a strategic way, looking at new long-term supplier strategy and innovation and how to bring best value to the organisation
- Applying best practice procurement methods, you'll deliver outcomes and effectively manage governance and risk, including strategic risks such as supplier performance and resilience
- You'll actively encourage innovation within assigned category area, providing direction to the team to identify opportunities of innovation that helps meet strategic objectives
- You'll engage with the Senior Procurement team and support them in making critical commercial decisions as part of the short, medium and long-term strategy of the business
You will be a highly motivated individual, committed to delivering results with high precision and accuracy. You will be a natural communicator with an overriding passion for procurement, good commercial acumen and the ability to solve complex problems in challenging situations.
In addition to your basic salary you will also have access to the following benefits:
- 26 days annual leave (plus statutory Bank Holidays) accruing an additional day each year up to a maximum of 31 days leave (plus statutory Bank Holidays)
- 15% Contributions based pension (5% employee contribution + 10% employer contribution)
- Death in Service Benefit - 4 x annual salary if single, 6 x annual salary if married
- Performance related pay scheme - based on corporate company performance, personal performance and the pay band of the role
- Volunteering leave - 3 days per year
- Maternity / Paternity benefits
- Holiday Play scheme vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to shopping vouchers/discount
Please apply now for more information. We look forward to hearing from you.
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.