- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- About us
- Contact us
Shipping Assistant - Import/Export
Barclay Meade are working with a global and leading business based near Wembley, who are seeking a Shipping Assistant / Import Export Assistant to join them on a permanent basis.
Key responsibilities for the position of Shipping Assistant / Import Export Assistant :
The Shipping Assistant will be responsible for providing efficient administrative and clerical support to the Import and Export teams which includes:
- Producing and checking essential shipping documentation required by customers and suppliers, including customs documentation
- Updating and maintaining accurate shipping information in our Freight software database
- Assisting with transport arrangements by sea, air and road
- Dealing with customers enquiries relating to orders, shipments and deliveries
- Providing excellent customer service
- Undertaking various other administrative duties
- Manage all aspects on the Import process.
- Ensure correct document in file for Import shipment.
- Responsible for the input of Import / export customs entries in SAP (training will be provided).
- Liaising with customers and overseas agents
- Providing Liaison between the company, Air / Sea Carrier and HMRC (when required).
- Submission of Quarterly Bonded stock report to HMRC (training will be provided).
- Knowledge of dealing with 3PL for import shipments - FOB terms.
Experience required for the position of Shipping Assistant / Import Export Assistant :
- Previous administrative experience in the shipping & logistics sector.
- Good knowledge of SAP will be an advantage.
- Good knowledge of import/export documentation
- High level of speed and accuracy with excellent attention to detail
- Good computer skills and competent with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of Bonded warehouse / Bonded stock is advantage.
If you have experience working within a Shipping / Import / Export role, and are keen for a new challenge within a growing team, then please apply below.
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.