- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- About us
- Contact us
Head of Trade Compliance / Export Compliance - Aero/Defence
My clients who are a leading Defence business are currently recruiting for a Head of Trade Compliance / Head of Export Compliance based in Farnborough.
Joining a large-scale defence organisation, this role will join an established Trade Compliance team to support and assist with their major transformation project in global trade strategy.
The role acts as the senior subject matter expert in relation to UK, US and other international export controls and will drive the Company's export control strategy. A key aspect of the role is to provide expert leadership, support and mentoring to the export control team. The role determines and oversees appropriate escalation routes within the organisation and external regulatory authorities to successfully resolve issues, identify areas of compliance risk, and recommend and implement mitigation strategies. The role drives continuous improvement in export control compliance through the design and provision of training, and process improvement.
Role - Head of Trade Compliance / Head of Export Compliance - Aerospace/Defence
Location - Farnborough (Hybrid role with flexibility of remote working)
Type - 12 Month FTC
Salary - Competitive (DOE)
Key responsibilities of the Head of Trade Compliance / Head of Trade Compliance - Aerospace/Defence role and not be limited to:
- Provide the business with expert knowledge, guidance and advice on all export and import matters in line with applicable UK and International export control legislation, including Business Ethics
- Act as the primary focus for all UK and International export control matters
- Interface with regulatory departments and lead external audits from UK DIT and HMRC and provide support to others: manage the investigation and reporting of all issues/violations with the business
- Be conversant with all UK, International (in particular US ITAR/EAR) and HMRC export practices and advise the company of the impact of any pending legislation changes or amendments and make applicable recommendations for changes to business practices to ensure on-going compliance
- Support the business to analyse complex business scenarios and identify compliant solutions to allow business objectives to be met in the most effective and efficient manner possible
- Develop, support and mentor less experienced staff within the team and across the business
- Develop and manage an evaluation plan to ensure high levels of compliance within the function and other departments
- Participate in and drive the continuous improvement of workflow, processes and procedures.
Key skills and experience required for Head of Trade Compliance / Head of Trade Compliance - Aerospace/Defence role and not limited to:
- Ability to analyse complex business situations and advise on the impact of export control regulations
- Has a customer bias dedicated to meeting the expectations of customers whilst maintaining compliance
- Possesses excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience of liaising with government agencies such as UK DIT, HMRC
- Experience or equivalent with global export control regulations, to include US and Europe (including dual-use, military controls, sanctions, and WMD-related controls)
- Experience: Practical experience of rating/classification of goods; acquiring licences (UK & US); applying these to provide authorisations to the business
To apply for this Head of Trade Compliance / Head of Trade Compliance - Aerospace/Defence / Head of Export Compliance / Head of Export Compliance - Aerospace/Defence / Senior Trade Compliance Manager, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.