The IT & Telecoms Procurement Manager is responsible for the execution of a category management approach to the procurement of a specified portfolio of spend to ensure compliance, drive efficiencies, mitigate supply risks and drive down the total cost of ownership to the organisation. The Category Manager is responsible for conducting internal and external analyses and engaging effectively with stakeholders to determine optimum sourcing strategies. They will lead or project manage others to provide a range of sourcing activities in support of category plans and in accordance with all policies and procedures.
The IT & Telecoms Procurement Manager will liaise with the Lead Category Manager on a regular basis to provide updates on category performance and provide additional insight through reporting and commentary as required. They will manage the relationship with suppliers and monitor supplier performance, interface with the Business to understand demand for and the impact of sourcing activities and foster relationships with Legal to build robust & agile contracts.
Location - Havant (could also be based from Reading)
Salary - UP to £67k plus benefits
The ideal candidate for the role will have -
Broad knowledge of markets and various aspects of a group of products and services, with an understanding of the market place. Understand business needs and be able to put them in overall context with knowledge of UK and EU Procurement Legislation
- Good understanding and experience of Category Management and its implementation.
- Procurement experience in a similar industry.
- CIPS qualification preferred but not essential
- Personal proven track record in executing complex procurement activities.
- Project management skills
- Broad knowledge of contracts with ability to draft special terms, including dispute procedures
- Knowledge of relevant statutory and legal provisions
- Detailed knowledge of Company procurement policy and procedures
- Understanding of the supply chain and how to improve it.
- Knowledge of Procurement related systems e.g. Oracle, Emptoris, Achilles Utilities Vendor Database
- Ability to influence people outside own sphere of responsibility
- Advanced negotiation skills
- Highly numerate
- Highly developed drafting and writing skills
- Decision Maker
- Customer Focused
- Influencing and Leadership
- Strategic thinking
- Self-confidence - confidence to challenge the norm and think creatively
- Self-motivated & resilience