- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- About us
- Contact us
Buyer - Engineering / Electronics
Barclay Meade are working with a leading and growing manufacturing business based in West London, who are seeking a Buyer / Senior Buyer to join them on a permanent basis.
This position requires someone with experience procuring parts for manufacturing, either mechanical / electro-mechanical / electronics components, with knowledge of manufacturing processes.
This is a strategic purchasing role supporting the Procurement Manager to build a supply chain which is of high quality, reliable, flexible and value adding for all new product development projects. This is a very exciting role and will be part of the team to shape the companies future supply chain.
Duties / Responsibilities for the position of Buyer / Senior Buyer -
- To analyse the current supply chain base and come up with strategic supply chain plan based on commodities or manufacturing process.
- To source new suppliers to satisfy the immediate new project demand and possible future requirements following the companies supplier selection process and make any possible improvements to this process.
- To audit suppliers together with the supplier quality engineer team and provide report from commercial views.
- To understand the requirements of products/projects, come up with tender plans and run tenders.
- To understand and build shadow costing, analyse the product costing structure and cost drivers.
- To advise the business the most cost effective and value adding supply chain solutions or manufacturing process by working with suppliers.
- To negotiate the best costings and terms & conditions with the supplier.
- To carry out all the tactical purchasing duties such as vendor set-up, raising orders, making sure invoices are paid, parts are delivered in time on full for the new projects.
- To work with the warehouse team to come up with the best storing plan for the new products.
- To be the main link between the Design, Manufacturing Engineering, Supplier Quality and the Supply chain team
- To track costs for all new projects against budgeted expectations
- To establish item packs for new items that covers the item life cycle, including item set-up, vendor contracts, Service level agreements and tooling agreements
- Any other jobs that may be deemed necessary by the Procurement Manager
Key experience required for the position of Buyer / Senior Buyer -
- 2-3 years purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment
- Must be able to use Microsoft Office suite
- Basic understanding of engineering drawings
- Basic understanding of manufacturing process of plastic moulding parts and metals, e.g. injection moulding, forging, extrusion, CNC machining.
- Must exhibit good interpersonal skills
- Must be able to prepare, plan and execute on your own initiative
- Keen attention to details
- Must have a "hands on" approach and a can-do attitude
If you have experience working as a Buyer / Senior Buyer / Procurement Executive / or within the purchasing department of a manufacturing / engineering business, then please apply below.
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.