- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- About us
- Contact us
Demand Planner - 12 month FTC
Barclay Meade are working with a leading and global business based in Aldershot, who are seeking a Demand Planner / Demand Analyst to join them on a 12 month FTC - with the potential for extension/permanency.
Demand Planner / Demand Analyst - Job Purpose
To work within the demand planning function, as part of the wider supply chain team, to provide accurate demand plans through customer trend; variance and liability analysis to ensure optimum stock levels across our supply chain. Initially, upon entry into this position, the demand planner will input into and support a system improvement project to enhance forecast accuracy, data integrity and automation of demand planning processes alongside the day-to-day tasks of the demand planning function.
Duties and responsibilities for the position of Demand Planner -
Responsible for the intake, processing and management of customer forecasts:
- Utilise the company's internal forecasting tools (INFOR and SAP) to monitor, analyse and generate accurate short/mid/long term forecasts to enable sufficient stock levels to meet the customer's demand, whilst maximizing ocean freight and enabling better capacity planning within our plants.
- Identify and respond to trends within the customer and statistical forecasts.
- Gather market intelligence from internal and external sources and overlay this into the demand plan at customer-part level.
- To work closely with our customer base developing relationships so as to ensure changing demands are highlighted with liaison between customers, supply managers, Logistics, Account managers and warehousing agent (Nippon Express - NEN)
- Face to face meetings when appropriate may also be required to ensure good customer relationships (EU Travel may be necessary, although infrequent/ad-hoc).
- Ensuring stock liabilities are highlighted, followed through and resolved.
- Managing product life cycle (PIPO) through close liaison with customers, NPI, Program Managers, Supply Planners and Customer Logistics to ensure a smooth transition between phase out and phase in of parts and minimise obsolescence.
- Close management of demand for new part introductions to enable supply planning to create accurate and timely capacity and purchasing plans at the plant, ensuring optimal stock availability for the company's customers.
- Working to customer contracts to ensure stock availability and minimise obsolescence.
- Manage demand by exception in the form of weekly and monthly variance analysis of both customer and statistical forecast.
- Key KPIs to include forecast accuracy, forecast bias and PIPO management.
- Ownership and maintenance of demand planning master data
Knowledge, skills and experience required for the position of Demand Planner -
- Successful and demonstrable experience in a position of the same or similar nature (E). Electronics connector market industry experience (D)
- Previous experience with supply of product to Europe & North Africa (D). A good understanding at component level (D)
- Professional and Confident utilisation of MS Office applications; specifically Excel to intermediate level (E)
- Comprehensive working knowledge / experience of SAP (D) and reputable forecasting software (D)
- Effective Time Management skills and Ability to prioritise (E)
- Understanding and exposure to supply chain processes and strategy (E)
- Ability to work autonomously and within a small team (E)
- Proven and demonstrable experience/ execution of organisational core competences (E
- Proficient communication skills; written & oral (E). Second EU language or Arabic would be advantageous
If you hold demand planning / forecasting experience and are seeking a new challenge within a growing business, then please apply below.
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.