- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- About us
- Contact us
Buyer - Indirect
I have an opportunity for an Indirect Buyer to support a Global Manufacturing organisation, the role will initially take us through until the end of the year but likely to get extended for 2021.
To support and Purchasing Managers in performing all purchasing tasks within area of responsibility, including planning, optimisation, negotiation, supplier liaison and steering, as dictated by business requirements. Job holder will lead their own commodity and take on projects from inception to delivery across all commodities areas.
- Should have 2-5 years demonstrated experience within a purchasing related environment
- Experience of purchasing in a large or complex manufacturing business is preferable - Automotive most desirable.
- Responsibilities include managing requirements from internal customers, monitoring correct use of paperwork by internal customers, reinforcing adherence to the correct purchasing processes, negotiating prices and terms with suppliers, maintaining accurate price records and issuing purchase orders.
- Other duties include working on team tasks such as process improvements, team workshops, and team meeting duties.
- The role involves considerable work in conjunction with internal customers including those in other countries, so good communication skills are necessary.
- Prioritisation skills essential.
- Ability to cope with a large number of internal customers and tasks at once.
- Targets relate to the achievement of savings results, and meeting processing times.
- Comfortable with working with various professionals in all fields at all levels.
- Effective organisational and time management skills
- Demonstrated objective and proactive decision making ability
- Solutions orientated
- Strong negotiating skills
- Understanding of contracts and associated risks
- knowledge and understanding of SAP based system is preferable
- Familiar with the key elements of Purchase Orders, Contracts and Tenders together with their associated processes
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.