- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- About us
- Contact us
Sourcing Buyer - 12 month FTC
Barclay Meade are working with a global and leading business, who are seeking a Buyer / Senior Buyer / Procurement Executive to join them on a 12 month FTC, with the possibility of a extension or permanency.
Our client are seeking someone with 5+ years of procurement / sourcing experience, and demonstrable cost saving achievements, to join them on a 12 month FTC.
This position will be within a growing team, and offers the possibility of extension or a permanent role once the FTC ends.
Key responsibilities for the role of Sourcing Buyer / Senior Buyer / Procurement Executive -
- Deliver long term susitanable savings
- Align with customer / stakeholders plan for delivery
- Execute category reviews on time and deliver within savings boundaries
- Hold weekly project meetings and update project plan and overview documentation
- Assess category data for savings opportunities
- Manage procurement process with internal and external stakeholders (RFI/RFP)
- Negotiate supplier agreements and contracts in partnership with key stakeholders
- Draft, award and manage contracts with suppliers linked to KPI's
- Monitor supplier performance and develop suppliers which can add value through continuous improvement and innovative solutions
- Manage assured supply and risk across all categories reviewed
a. Contingency management
b. Balanced Supply Chain
c. Raw material risk management
d. Value Chain Analysis
- Manage internal and external stakeholder communications
- Deliver and report on cost savings and cost avoidance initiatives.
- Manage accurate and timely Price Lists and drive price stability.
- Work with peer group to optimise and leverage supplier resources
- Develop expertise and benchmarking knowledge of assigned categories and major suppliers
o Establishment and maintenance of global team contacts
o Sharing of best practices by category
o Mutual support and training
Experience / skills required for the position of Sourcing Buyer / Senior Buyer / Procurement Executive -
- Solid negotiation and supplier management skills
- Solid Contract management skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Commercially minded with good analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Willingness to travel
- CIPS - (preferred)
- Bachelors degree in business or supply chain management - (preferred)
If you are an experienced procurement / sourcing professional, seeking a new challenge within a growing purchasing function, then please apply below.
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.