- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- About us
- Contact us
Senior Category Buyer - London (Public Sector)
We are seeking an experienced Purchasing professional with a stable background to join this public sector procurement team in London.
The organisation is currently going through a period of exciting transformation and growth and they're looking to bring on board an additional Band 7 Senior Buyer to compliment the team.
- To support the Procurement Manager on a variety of procurement projects, developing clear and detailed sourcing plans within your assigned categories.
- Draft, negotiate and agree clear, concise, and complete contractual documentation with good understanding of contract law and ability to access specialist legal advice.
- Inform and support the development of category strategies through extensive internal and external research and analysis to support the wider business strategy.
- Ensure market developments and innovation are monitored and considered to continually align and update sourcing and category strategies, identifying opportunities which can create a competitive advantage for the business.
- Work with cross functional project teams to deliver projects on time and with the best outcome for the organisation.
- Establish an effective network and influence senior stakeholders up to Senior Manager level, to support Procurement objectives and decision making.
- Develop and maintain the on-going communication activity to deliver excellent engagement with internal audiences (staff, clients and stakeholders) and external audiences (suppliers, media and other 3rd parties).
- Maintain full compliance to all contract governance activities within agreed processes and timescales, ensuring all appropriate parties are consulted and informed.
- Understand costing methods and cost make-up interpreting profit and loss and balance sheets using appropriate accounting and financial practices to confirm the suitability and sustainability of supplier partners and commercial arrangements.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- A customer focused purchasing specialist who is able to demonstrate credible, trusted stakeholder engagement at all levels.
- Analytical thinker with proven ability to navigate and interpret multiple data sources to inform commercial, legal / contracting and supply decisions.
- Strong, professional and refined negotiation skills coupled with sound commercial acumen and understanding of complex business issues.
- An excellent project manager committed to providing high levels of service.
- Ability to spot opportunities from an existing client base.
You will have relevant experience as an indirect Buyer or Senior Buyer with procurement experience and a practical knowledge of the end-to-end tendering process covering any of the following category areas of spend:
Facilities Management, Estates, Professional Services, HR, Staffing & Consultancy, Pathology, Patient Services.
You will ideally have substantial strategic procurement experience and a working knowledge of the public sector although public sector experience is not absolutely essential.
Please apply now for more details.
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.