- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- About us
- Contact us
Business Planning Accountant - FP&A
Barclay Meade are working in partnership on an exclusive basis with a Southampton based who are looking to attract a qualified Business Planning Accountant to join their growing team.
Barclay Meade Finance and Accountancy are working in partnership with a Southampton based, Corporate business organisation who are embarking on a large scale Finance Transformation Programme. The newly created role of Business Planning Accountant has been created to collate and deliver the results across the whole spend portfolio including change management activities, recruitment and third party spend. The role will work closely with the senior leadership team to ensure governance surrounding, risk, controls, processes and spend.
This position plays a pivotal role in bridging the gap between finance operations and the senior management team and will have responsibility for:
- To co-ordinate the end to end activities of the fortnightly Spend Approval Forum process and consolidate month end reporting from the finance BP's for the Chief Operating Office.
- Compiling the Spend Approval Forum meeting pack based on submissions from Procurement, Change and Recruitment
- Ensuring the Spend Approval Forum submissions are of sufficient quality to be submitted and that submissions have been approved by the key area beforehand.
- Capturing of Spend Approval Forum decisions and informing stakeholders of the outcome, together with any actions that are required. Write up of and gaining approval for the minutes of the fortnightly meeting.
- To work with the Group Expense Controller and functional business partners to consolidate and present the COO month end reporting.Other skills required include:
- This position is very visible across the business and requires someone with excellent communication and collaboration skills. It would suit someone who has a keen interest in project management as these methodologies would be used in this role to drive controls and improve governance. It requires someone with advanced excel skills and preferably prior experience of working in a change environment. This role reports directly into the Group Expense Controller and has fantastic career development opportunities.
- Competent in core MS Office applications, specifically MS Word and MS PowerPoint (must be able to produce MS PowerPoint Presentations effortlessly and to a high quality standard).
- Comfortable in a fast moving environment, that requires someone who is both adaptable and a self-starter.
- Ability to turnaround minutes or presentations within strict deadlines, ensuring attention to detail is adhered to.
- Keen stakeholder relationship management skills, able to adapt approach to suit a range
It is essential applicants demonstrate flexibility, independence and initiative to perform successfully in a rapidly changing environment.
For full details please contact Sally Spicer at Barclay Meade on 07825 600527 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.