- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- About us
- Contact us
A leading FMCG organisation need a Senior Buyer. Applicants need strategic procurement skills from supplier selection, negotiation and supplier relationship management. A background within; food, FMCG, retail or pharmaceuticals would work.
A leading FMCG organisation require a Senior Buyer. Applicants need strategic procurement skills from supplier selection, negotiation and on-going supplier relationship management. A background within; food, FMCG, retail or pharmaceuticals would work.
The Senior Buyer will be responsible for developing and owning sourcing strategies across a range of assigned categories.
Specific duties of the Senior Buyer include:
- Market intelligence activities to investigate new suppliers, price and availability
- Propose sourcing strategy for material groups - optimise cost vs. value vs risk.
- Execute sourcing activity - benchmarking, tender, negotiation and award
- On-going vendor management to drive improved supply chain performance
- Support NPD activities and product launches
- Contribute to cost saving objectives
Senior Buyer applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Procurement or sourcing experience within an FMCG, Food, Retail or Pharmaceutical business
- Strong negotiation and vendor management skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders in quality and marketing
- An appreciation of ethical and sustainable procurement
- Experience with global suppliers - preferred
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.