- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- About us
- Contact us
Procurement Specialist - 12 month FTC
My client are global experts in what they do and have an amazing opportunity to work within their established procurement division.
This role will organise, control and monitor all procurement defined activities in a project and introduce procurement strategies, targeting maximum contribution to the operating result and guaranteeing the observance of the procurement processes described whilst optimising the deployment of resources.
The responsibilities of the procurement specialist will be -
- Working closely with the Bid team, MPS Solutions Architect, Sales and MPS 3rd Party Commercial Manager to understand the specifications, terms and requirements for each sales and / or contract opportunity.
- Management of contractual documents that support the relationship with the 3rd Party suppliers that are involved in each MPS contract
- You will have responsibilities for management of those 3rd Party suppliers that provide services to the business, in line with the overall strategy for the MPS solutions
- You will also be responsible for Point of Care (POC) 3rd Party tender opportunities/suppliers
- Manage the internal customers , Strategic Procurement and monitor the due delivery of activities agreed
- Bid preparation, analyising customer enquiries during bid preparation and / or opportunity management phases throughout the duration of the contract, and exactly understand the customer's functional needs in order to include (3rd Party supplier) innovations that improve Siemens' cost position and / or the customer's benefit
- Support project calculation with reliable material cost data
- Head up contractual and price negotiations with 3rd Party suppliers to secure project targets with optimum conditions
- Clarify internal indicators for project controlling and compiling all relevant information to submit qualified reports, eg Strategic Procurement management team
- Provide 3rd Party supplier information to the project and conduct project-specific supplier evaluations, as indicated
The ideal candidate will require:
- An appropriate operational background within the laboratory or diagnostic's arena and with a proven experience of developing strategic relationships with 3rd Party suppliers
- Knowledge of Diagnostics sales cycle model
- Good commercial, financial and contractual awareness
- Good communication and the ability to deal with customers and colleagues at all levels
- Understands frequently used software programmes including MS Office Applications, SAP, procurement and financial tools
- Understands procurement processes and procedures
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.