- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- About us
- Contact us
My client is currently seeking a Bespoke Buyer to join there Bespoke Buying team on an ongoing basis, the role based in West Sussex is looking for a candidate who has worked in procurement for an Automotive organisation.
Product quality always begins at source - with procurement. That's why it takes people with an uncompromising sense of standards, an exceptional mindset and a real feeling for quality to procure the most suitable materials for each and every part of my clients vehicles. But the job doesn't just end there. In the pursuit of uncompromising quality, our teams are tasked with ensuring all the materials they source continue to drive more sustainable and efficient production methods too.
As an integral part there Bespoke Buying team, you will be responsible for securing the supply of low volume Bespoke Commission Collection components and selecting suitable suppliers in line with agreed cost, quality and time targets. This entails negotiating and agreeing prices and terms with suppliers in order to achieve the best possible invest/unit costs while taking account of design, volume and timing constraints. You will be an expert in project management ensuring all parts are supplied to the required quality standard and within the planned delivery timeline. You will proactively resolve supplier problems and ensure a continued successful business relationship with all parties involved.
You will have:
- A degree (or equivalent) and ideally a CIPS qualification;
- Experience of production component purchasing within an automotive environment or equivalent manufacturing environment;
- Experience in managing professional supplier selection processes;
- Experience of handling commercial negotiations with external suppliers;
- Experience of project management and an understanding of new product development processes;
- Good problem solving ability required to overcome problems arising from specific cost, quality, time and logistics issues;
- Good interpersonal skills with an ability to influence key stakeholders.
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.