- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- About us
- Contact us
Supply Chain Manager
A leading electronics manufacturer within the defence sector require a Supply Chain Manager. Applicants need strategic procurement experience within aerospace or defence, and understand the functionality of ERP/MRP in a manufacturing business.
A leading electronics manufacturer operating within the defence sector require a Supply Chain Manager. Applicants need strategic procurement experience within aerospace or defence, and understand the functionality of ERP/MRP in a manufacturing business.
The Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies across; strategic procurement, supplier relationship management, and inventory management, while introducing new processes and procedures. The Supply Chain Manager will work closely with colleagues in Commercial, Programmes and Operations.
Specific duties of the Supply Chain Manager include:
- Review of current supply partners, and associated supply contracts
- Identify and capitalise on opportunities for cost reduction, risk mitigation and supplier rationalisation
- Introduction of new supplier relationship management framework
- Build and develop collaborative relationships with critical supply chain partners
- Management and development of procurement & supply chain team, and succession plan
- Review of supply chain governance, proposal and process documentation
Supply Chain Manager applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Experience as a Purchasing Manager, Procurement Manager or Supply Chain Manager
- Experience within a manufacturing or engineering business, ideally one supporting aerospace or defence clients
- Understanding of how MRP and ERP systems function within a manufacturing organisation
- Leadership qualities, influencing skills and the ability to succession plan
- Positive, motivated, self-starter
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.