- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- About us
- Contact us
A manufacturing / engineering services business supporting the defence sector are recruiting a Senior Buyer. Applicants need procurement experience, within an aerospace, defence, or engineering, or have experience in procuring capital equipment.
A manufacturing and engineering services business supporting the defence sector are recruiting a Senior Buyer. Applicants need material, capital equipment, and services based procurement experience, within an aerospace, defence, engineering or manufacturing business.
The Senior Buyer will join a large team of Buyers and Procurement Specialists, reporting into a Procurement Manager. This exciting procurement role is both supplier and customer facing, with the Senior Buyer procuring contracts, capital equipment, electronic systems, and materials to satisfy customer requirements. The Senior Buyer will source from a diverse supply chain from; electro-mechanical items, electronic systems, sub-contract machining/finishing, composite materials and specialist engineering services.
Specific duties of the Senior Buyer will include:
- Procurement of contracts and long-term supply agreements for engineering services, avionics and capital equipment
- Supplier selection /Sub-contractor management - develop new, and maintain existing supply chain relationships
- Act as point of contact for customers in relation to the delivery of their contract
- Engage effectively with design and engineering stakeholders in regards to "in-house" processes, and make vs buy analysis
- Contract management
Senior Buyer applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Procurement, commercial contracts or subcontract management experience
- Experience within; aerospace, defence, engineering, pharmaceutical, manufacturing, nuclear or automotive sectors
- The ability to negotiate and agree supply contracts with the supply chain
- A relationship builder who can engage effectively with; suppliers, customers and stakeholders
- The ability to manage contracts and commercial acumen
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.