- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- About us
- Contact us
Head of Logistics
Barclay Meade is working with a Global FMCG business who are seeking a Head of Logistics.
In this role, you will manage the D2C department (Direct to Consumer), which covers all online ecommerce operations for one of their key customers.
You will own both the day-to-day operational requirements as well as support the short/medium and long-term ambitions of the business. The role encompasses all accountability for this part of the business including operations, development, commercials, HR / structure and strategy. You will initially be based between 2 locations in Northamptonshire and Surrey, with the aim to eventually be based at the Surrey location (we can provide more details on this).
The successful candidate will combine operational, tactical and project management activities. You will be target driven and a proven self-starter with the ability to deliver on performance targets. The ideal candidate has strong communication skills and is passionate about their customers.
- Management of the D2C warehouse, carrier & partner performance
- Customer order exception / claims management
- Lead peak / black Friday and launch event planning activities
- Project / Programme delivery including new services and capabilities
- Inventory control
- Leading the D2C team, coaching, mentoring and developing the individuals
- P&L responsibility of D2C department
- Continuous improvement of fulfilment and carrier operations
- Improving customer experience
- Returns / customer credit process
- Final Mile / Home delivery / installation services
- 3PL / 4PL and business collaborative mind set
Experience / Skills Required:
- 7 years+ experience in managing E-Commerce or Direct to Consumer logistics operations
- Experience working in both In-House and 3PL organisations
- Experience in managing a budget / P&L
- Strong knowledge of the UK online Consumer market
- Excellent MS Office skills, including Excel and Powerpoint
- Excellent leadership skills
- Degree education preferable but not essential
You will receive:
- Competitive annual salary
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Up to 15% discretionary performance based bonus
- Defined Contribution Pension
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- 4x Life Assurance
- Additional monthly Benefits allowance for use on gym, travel insurance, health assessment, dental insurance etc.
A full job description will be provided to all suitable candidates. Please get in touch for more details!
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.