- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- About us
- Contact us
My client is looking for a Senior Buyer for an initial 6 month contract based at there Edinburgh location.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Responsible for putting in place the appropriate Commercial Agreements, including but not limited to, internal and external Customer flow downs, NDA's, TAA's and Export Licences etc.
- Prepare the relevant Request For Quotation and Contract documentation packs such as Bid Packs, Contractual Terms, Price Agreements and Statements of Work.
- Responsible for creating and presenting Contract Compliance packs for internal audit and to external Government bodies or their Agencies.
- Market analysis of Supplier pricing to ensure price reasonableness is achieved and reported.
- Plan and execute cost negotiation of Supplier pricing and provide reporting for internal / external Audit.
- Provide analysis of material pricing to support the Product Cost Review Boards for NPI, with a view to highlighting cost reduction opportunities in line with declared project / product targets.
- Collaborate with Design Engineering to understand our product route maps so market research can be undertaken to identify capable and sustainable sources of supply.
- Identify and encourage Supplier competition for material requirements, utilising the Supply Review Board process as an enabler.
- Prepare varied Lifecycle Management reporting such as Procurement Plans to outline the status and progress of material sourcing, Contracting Compliance and Bid Support.
- Responsible for the management of Supplier delivery performance (of NPI Contracts) throughout the Contract lifecycle in line with defined Key Performance Indicators.
- Responsible for managing the material budget associated with NPI, reporting on aspects such as Revenue Forecasting and Estimate to Complete.
- Identify and manage risk and opportunity, working collaboratively with Suppliers.
Deploy the appropriate SAP activity in order to carry out your job effectively, especially in relation to the creation of compliant Contracts
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge
· CIPS preferred but not essential
· Exposure to / understanding of Contract Terms & Conditions
· Working knowledge of Trade / Export Compliance
· Good Negotiation skills
· Ability to influence
· Team Player
· Analytical Mind
· Attention to detail
· Good Communication skills (written & oral)
· IT literate (MS Office & SAP knowledge preferred)
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.