- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- About us
- Contact us
A global manufacturer of military applications need a Commodity Manager. Applicants need procurement experience within aerospace or defence, or have significant experience sourcing across electronics, PCBAs and associated mechanical items.
A global manufacturer of military applications require a Commodity Manager. Applicants need procurement experience within an aerospace or defence environment, or have significant experience sourcing across electronics, PCBAs and associated mechanical items.
This is an exciting and heavily strategic procurement opportunity. The Commodity Manger will be responsible for designing procurement strategies across a c£45M spend on electronics, PCBA and associated mechanical items. Mitigating supply chain risk, identification of new, and development of existing supply partners will be important elements of the role. The Commodity Manager will have 1 direct report responsible for operational procurement tasks, and execution of the category strategy.
Specific duties of the Commodity Manager include:
- Development of supply chain roadmaps and process improvements
- Supplier relationship management - visits, assessments, development
- Supply chain analysis and risk management
- Sourcing, negotiation and selection of new supply chain partners
- Support bid activities - ensure a robust supply chain is in place
- Stakeholder engagement - understand their requirements and WIP
Commodity Manager applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Procurement experience within an aerospace, defence or technical manufacturing / engineering business
- Experience of developing procurement strategies, category management or commodity management strategies
- Knowledge of electronics, PCBA, electro-mechanical or mechanical supply chains - desirable
- Proven track record in supplier management and developing supply chain partners
- CIPS / Degree - desirable
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.