- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- About us
- Contact us
Assistant Commercial Manager
An engineering technology contractor in the construction, civils, and utilities sector need a Assistant Commercial Manager. Applicants need experience with commercial contracts in the construction sector, and a QS or construction related degree.
An engineering technology contractor operating in the construction, civils, and utilities sector require an Assistant Commercial Manager. Applicants should have experience with commercial contracts in the construction sector, and a QS or construction related degree.
The Assistant Commercial Manager will join a multi-disciplined, and high-performing commercial function. Focusing on predominately customer contracts with national/local authorities, and tier 1 construction companies, the Assistant Commercial Manager will oversee the tendering process. Duties will include the assessment and negotiation of terms and conditions of contracts, risk mitigation and the handover of successful tenders to internal colleagues.
Specific duties of the Assistant Commercial Manager include:
- Provide commercial support to tendering team
- Define, negotiate, and agree rates T&Cs to maximise commercial gain and mitigate contractual risk
- Assist with tendering of construction, infrastructure and utilities projects
- Support and work closely with; estimating, procurement, legal and site construction teams
- Ensure commercial data is accurately maintained on CRM and contract management database
- Liaison with operations teams in regards to sub-contractor management
- Provide commercial reports for Commercial Manager and stakeholders
Assistant Commercial Manager applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Commercial, contractual, estimating or procurement experience within the construction and related sectors
- Degree qualified - ideally within a construction, QS or related field
- Commercial acumen / Negotiation skills
- Understanding of basic legal principles
- Excellent stakeholder and relationship building skills
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.