- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- About us
- Contact us
Senior Commericial Manager
The Senior Commercial Manager manages high value contracts, acting as a commercial advisor and trusted expert to their specified business directorate.
The Senior Commercial Manager manages high value contracts, acting as a commercial advisor and trusted expert to their specified business directorate. The role is client facing and requires executing pre and post contract processes and procedures to deliver quality assured commercial management, enabling the client maximum value from its construction contracts.
Primary scope of this role would be:
- Implement and deliver commercial management strategies, as agreed with the Head of Commercial Management, for the relevant directorate
- Lead and manage a team of Commercial Managers, ensuring procurement best practices and techniques are adhered to, driving maximum value and maintaining compliance with governance framework
- Provide leadership, professional oversight and direction to Commercial Management team to support the delivery of a full range of commercial/cost management services, including commercial advisory and assurance
- Oversee delivery of pre-contract capabilities for commercial projects, including pre-contract strategy, contraction creation, pre-contract assurance and agreement, and contract drafting and paperwork
- Provide commercial support from contract award through to project completion
- Support on dispute resolution and significant compensation events, escalating to the Head of Commercial Management where required
- Act as commercial business partner to Heads of Function, building strong working relationships to ensure value is maximised from contracts and budgets are met
- Implement commercial governance and cost control, ensuring projects and work programmes have robust control and tracking processes in place
- Ensure commercial and cost activity relating to the scheme or contract is accurately recorded in line with policies and processes
- Work with contractors, commercial managers and the project and/or contract managers to support setting of Target Costs/Fixed Prices
Demonstrate experience of gathering information from multiple stakeholders and analysing overall commercial performance, including the tracking of variations and resolution of commercial risks and issues
- Proven experience of undertaking supply chain reviews; facilitating workshops and working with suppliers and internal stakeholders to conduct supply chain analysis, value chain analysis and business process reviews to identify process improvements and cost efficiencies and developing and implementing joint action plans
- Experience and knowledge of contract forms (NEC3, I Chem E and ICE) and experience of managing contract drafting
- Experience and knowledge of contract terms and conditions, project lifecycles and commercial models
- Experience managing and authorising internal governance procedures
- Experience in improving team outputs and engagement
- Experience delivering continued improvement to commercial processes and procedures and supporting transformation activities
- Experience in leading complex contract claim and dispute management
- Strong experience in working in a regulated environment (OJEU) Capability
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.