- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- About us
- Contact us
Procurement and Vendor Manager
Barclay Meade are working with a Financial Institution who are seeking a Procurement and Vendor Manager to join them on a permanent basis.
Purpose of role:
Responsible for the Banks' Procurement and Vendor Management function
Managing and governing a portfolio of strategic contracts for Banking Services, ensuring that vendors are delivering against their contractual obligations and that the Bank is receiving value for money
Managing the relationship with suppliers together with Supplier Relationship Management, acting as central interface for contractual matters between the banks service owners
Reviewing and optimising the contracts landscape according to stakeholder demands to reduce complexity and minimise contractual risk
Working with key stakeholders and suppliers to determine the appropriate sourcing strategy and vendor selection criteria
Negotiating contractual and commercial arrangements with suppliers, and delivering procurement savings
Conduct Vendor due diligence check and determine the appropriate level of monitoring for ongoing vendor management review
Manage vendor risks and design adequate controls
Provide information to management team including budget vs actual per department, cost saving, critical vendor risk assessment,
Chair the Procurement and Vendor Management Governance forum to manage upcoming contracts reviews, vendor on-boarding, vendor risk assessment, vendor due diligence checks
Experience/Knowledge required for the position of Procurement Manager / Vendor Manager -
- Previous experience creating Procurement policies/identifying and implementing process improvements
- Experiences with negotiating contractual and commercial arrangements with suppliers
- Governance experiences
- Experience cost saving and analysis
- Vendor management experience including vendor due diligence check, SLA review, outsource provider management
- Experience sourcing alternative vendors in order to improve the level of service for the bank
Technical Skills required for the position of Procurement Manager / Vendor Manager -
Advanced Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong organisational and planning skills.
- Enthusiastic, pragmatic and solutions lead - ability to negotiate with vendors as well as maintaining good relationship.
Ability to run meetings, workshops and to speak confidently with vendors and internal stakeholders
If you have experience working as a Procurement Manager / Vendor Manager within the financial services industry, and are keen for a new challenge, then please apply below.
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.