- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- About us
- Contact us
Supply Chain Manager
A leading manufacturing business are recruiting for a Supply Chain Manager to develop and manage their supplier strategy.
This growing business work within a niche industry, producing high-value products for a global market. The Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for supplier appraisals and managing supply agreements, and developing and maintaining goods inwards acceptance criteria, to work with wider operations teams to develop and maintain quality management system. Also overseeing the smooth running of their global stores, including the setting of minimum stock levels in numerous locations.
Developing an overall supplier strategy for each product:
- Reliability of supply
- Reducing lead times and cost
- Supply agreements
- Plans for dealing with obsolescence and redundancy
- Working with product development and operations to ensure smooth roll out of product upgrades
- Approval of suppliers, to be reviewed on an annual basis.
- "Goods Inwards" acceptance strategy for ordered products
- FAT (factory acceptance test) acceptance strategy for large ticket items contracts / commercial agreements
- Working with manufacturing on acceptance of in house manufactured items
- Setting of minimum stock levels - local and global
- Stock takes / auditing
- Stock rotation
- Working with finance for reporting on movement of goods
- Purchasing experience ideally in electronics or technical manufacturing industries. Desirable categories include PCBs, mechanical components, computers, metals etc.
- Excellent supplier management skills.
- Stock reduction / inventory control experience.
- ERP experience.
- Quality experience with ISO 9001 14001.
- Ability to look at strategic decisions.
- Relevant professional qualifications are desirable e.g. CIPS or relevant Bachelor's degree.
You will receive:
- Competitive base salary.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Working hours 37.5 a week with options for flexible working and occasional home working.
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.