- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- About us
- Contact us
A high-tech manufacturer require a Materials Management. Applicants need; procurement, supply chain or materials management expertise, within a NPI, high-tech, prototyping or batch manufacturing business, and hold an engineering qualification.
A high-tech SME manufacturer require a Materials Management. Applicants need; procurement, supply chain or materials management expertise, within an NPI, high-tech, prototyping or small batch manufacturing business, and hold an engineering degree.
The Materials Manager will report into the senior leadership team, and will have end-to-end supply chain responsibility encompassing; materials flow/control, scheduling, inventory management, procurement, production planning, warehouse and outbound logistics. The role will require the jobholder to be both strategic and operational, while collaborating closely with engineers.
Specific duties of the Materials Manager include:
- Manage MRP system to drive inventory control, on time delivery, scheduling and materials procurement
- Procurement of sub-contract manufacturing partners and supplier selection activities
- Supplier development and vendor management activities
- Collaborate with engineering, manufacturing and quality to achieve scheduling, delivery and cost reduction goals
- Responsible for accuracy of inventory counts and inventory management strategies
- Manage warehouse and stores areas
- Manage all supplier and customer logistical issues
Materials Manager applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Procurement, Materials Management or Supply Chain experience in a high-tech manufacturing or engineering business
- Experience of, or knowledge of scheduling and production planning techniques
- Supplier management expertise - ability to drive improved supply chain performance
- A qualification in; engineering, supply chain or business - preferred
- MRP/ERP literacy
- An understanding of LEAN methodologies and process improvement, tools and techniques
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.