- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- About us
- Contact us
Barclay Meade are working with a leading and dynamic manufacturing business based near Greenford, who are seeking a Production Planner to join them on a permanent basis.
The role or Production Planner
The role of the Production Planner requires a highly meticulous, Problem solving oriented, organised planner, to take immediate ownership of production planning activities.
Reporting directly to the Head of Planning, this role carries a significant degree of authority, autonomy and organisation, as you become responsible for the scheduling of our factories. Working closely with the Factory managers, warehouse managers and our Supply Chain, you shall ensure on time in full delivery of our products and balance resources with Supply, capacity and organisational budgeted targets. Accordingly, your work requires tight, cross functional collaboration throughout the operational department. Being capable of building and maintaining effective and trusting relationships is therefore paramount in this pivotal position.
A successful Production Planner
The successful candidate should enjoy the challenge of problem solving and be able to evaluate situations and calculate risks whilst justifying and defending precision. On various occasion the individual will be required to adopt a serious and questioning manner in order to assess situations and come to conclusions, thus basing the process on facts and information gleaned from others.
They will be expected to create a culture of continuous improvement among the tea and be able to take decisions as appropriate whilst at the same time ensuring others do likewise. They must strive to be proactive and energetic in the work situation, seeking to get things done and at the same time deal with a variety of tasks.
This role is calling for a person who has the drive to achieve results in a logical, systematic and precise manner. They will have the ability to follow standard operating procedures and enjoy challenging situations.
Main Responsibilities and duties for the role of Production Planner
- Coordinating production workflow of our products
- Transform FAS into a detailed production schedule by factory, detailing all tasks and when they should be completed by to meet predicted completion date
- Planning and prioritising operations to ensure maximum performance and minimum job order delay across all factories
- Determining manpower, equipment and raw materials needed to cover production demand in conjunction with factory managers
- Assign workers and other staff to particular production operations
- Review and Resolve production scheduling risks and issues (move in's, move outs, late orders)
- Work with team leaders to troubleshoots problems that occur during production, including staff shortages and machinery malfunctions
- Working in conjunction with factory managers to schedule shift according to production needs
- Monitor jobs to ensure they will finish on time and within budget
- Address issues when they arise aiming for minimum disruption
- Obtain output information (number of finished products, percentage of defectives, etc.) and report and manage appropriate KPIs
- Identify cause of Lateness, ensure capacity is available and re-plan orders if required
- Prepares and submit production process and performance reports for upper management and suggests ways to improve efficiency
- Investigate implementation of DDMRP
- Collaborate with Quality control, Warehouse, Factory managers, Production engineers and Supply chain to deliver targets
- Inform Demand Planner and sales team about any delay that requires important re-planning
Skills and Experience required for the position of Production Planner
- A positive, can do attitude is essential for working at Brompton
- Proven experience as production planner
- Excellent knowledge of production planning and quality control principles
- Experience in MRP II (Manufacturing Resource Planning) / MPC (Manufacturing Planning and Control)
- Highly numerate logical thinker
- Must have excellent Microsoft Excel and analytical skills
- Working of ERP Systems (Ideally Infor CSI)
- Strong organisational and problem solving skills
- Fluent English communication skills - both verbal and written, with a confident and professional manner
- Attention to detail and a willingness to dig down into details while retaining a sense of the broader picture
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Experience leading process change through continuous improvement
- Experience working across business departments.
- High school diploma; further education or certification is preferred.
- Ability to work in a multicultural and multilingual environment
- Passionate, determined and resourceful
- Emotional intelligence
- Valid Passport
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.