- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- About us
- Contact us
Purchasing Specialist, Public Sector
A chance to join an expanding procurement team at an exciting point in its growth.
An outstanding opportunity has arisen in Hackney for a Purchasing Specialist with broad ranging category management and end-to-end tendering experience.
- To support the Senior Purchasing Manager on a variety of sourcing projects, developing clear and detailed sourcing plans within your assigned categories.
- Draft, negotiate and agree clear, concise, and complete contractual documentation with good understanding of contract law and ability to access specialist legal advice.
- Inform and support the development of category strategies through extensive internal and external research and analysis to support the wider business strategy.
- Ensure market developments and innovation are monitored and considered to continually align and update sourcing and category strategies, identifying opportunities which can create a competitive advantage for the business.
- Support the development of junior team members where required.
Work with cross functional project teams to deliver projects on time and with the best outcome for the organisation.
- Establish an effective network and influence senior stakeholders up to Senior Manager level, to support Procurement objectives and decision making.
- Develop and maintain the on-going communication activity to deliver excellent engagement with internal audiences (staff, clients and stakeholders) and external audiences (suppliers, media and other 3rd parties).
- Maintain full compliance to all contract governance activities within agreed processes and timescales, ensuring all appropriate parties are consulted and informed.
- Develop financial business case papers to support procurement activity and to illustrate commercial advantages and sourcing recommendations and present to appropriate financial approval channels.
- Understand costing methods and cost make-up interpreting profit and loss and balance sheets using appropriate accounting and financial practices to confirm the suitability and sustainability of supplier partners and commercial arrangements.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- A customer focused purchasing specialist who is able to demonstrate credible, trusted stakeholder engagement at all levels.
- Analytical thinker with proven ability to navigate and interpret multiple data sources to inform commercial, legal / contracting and supply decisions.
- Strong, professional and refined negotiation skills coupled with sound commercial acumen and understanding of complex business issues.
- An excellent project manager committed to providing high levels of service.
- Ability to spot opportunities from an existing client base.
- You will ideally have good strategic procurement experience and a detailed knowledge of contracting, financial management and analysis and negotiation of strategic contracts in the public sector.
Please apply now for more details including a full job specification and company benefits.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.