- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Contact us
Barclay Meade are working with a leading manufacturing company based near Tadworth, who are seeking a Buyer / Senior Buyer to join them on a permanent basis.
A growing manufacturing business is looking for an experienced Purchasing professional to join them on a permanent basis.
In the role of Buyer / Senior Buyer you will be responsible for the day-to-day purchasing of all materials and components for the Production/R&D and Stock, as well as:
- Liaising with suppliers and negotiating rates to meet company objectives on cost, quality and lead-time.
- Continuous monitoring of supplier data to ensure the accuracy of the information
- Quarterly assessment of single source and electrical components to highlight in advance any component supply issues.
- Write monthly reports to management - identifying supplier performance and relevant actions taken to deliver continuous improvement.
- Proactively follow up and chase supplier deliveries to ensure a continuous production process and on-time delivery.
- Assist with annual stock take
- Responsible for the preparation and processing of purchase orders and documents in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Managing stock levels effectively and ensure on time deliveries by communicating with suppliers.
- Analysing trends and data to optimise supplier performance to deliver supplies for a smooth production process.
- Conducting performance reviews with suppliers on a regular basis to ensure continuous improvements.
- Identify and implement best practice improvements to purchasing, including: cost reduction opportunities, supplier selection processes, long term agreements and internal processes.
- Monitoring supplier inventories and supporting the finance team.
- Providing support to other members of the Production and Quality team.
Key skills or experience required for the position of Buyer / Senior Buyer -
You will have at least 5 years' experience in a Buying/Procurement role within an Engineering/Manufacturing environment as well as:
- Have strong commercial and negotiating skills.
- CIPs qualified, or studying toward a recognised procurement qualification (desirable).
- Strong background in planning, as well as stock management.
- Analytical in nature with excellent IT skills (ideally with Navision experience).
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A quick learner who can adapt to changing situations quickly.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritise workload.
If you are an experience purchasing / procurement professional with experience working within the manufacturing / engineering industry - then please apply below.
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.