- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- About us
- Contact us
Hard Services - category manager
As Category Manager you will report directly to the Head of Projects and functionally to the Supply Chain & Procurement Lead for the Hard Services Category.
As Hard Services (M&E) Category Manager (Projects) you will report directly to the Head of Projects and functionally to the Supply Chain & Procurement Lead for the Hard Services (M&E) Category.
The role will be embedded within the Projects and Procurement teams and focused on the identification and delivery of savings and compliance to maximise value from the Capital Projects pipeline. You will deliver this through world-class sourcing, contract management and value management expertise to achieve reduced cost, improved operating efficiencies and product or service quality.
You will be responsible for driving P&L impact via sourcing projects and establishing key supplier partnerships to deliver customer value.
Your key responsibilities will be
- Developing a procurement plan / strategy to maximise benefits across the Projects portfolio. Maximise scale opportunities across multiple projects
- Driving achievement of savings-, working capital- and free cash flow targets
- Sourcing and tendering of work / category packages within the Projects/M&E/Hard Services arena
- Working collaboratively with the Project teams to define and execute procurement and supply chain solutions that deliver financial targets. You will be a successful Business Partner with excellent stakeholder management skills
- Enabling preferred suppliers' expertise and innovations to reduce the cost of operations, and to deliver leading service experiences
- Supporting operations, assurance & risk management, and supplier performance management
- Driving improvements and reducing the businesses risk profile through the successful supplier management and selection
- Skilfully balancing robust business challenge with enabling support in managing a portfolio of work
- Improving compliance to the Preferred Supplier List
Attributes and experience
- You will be expected to demonstrate expert procurement knowledge within hard services (M&E) and project / capital related works
- A minimum of 5-10 years procurement experience within a complex and challenging business environment
- Highly knowledgeable in contracting processes, tools and systems ideally in direct and Indirect sectors, as well as deep understanding of critical clauses and T&Cs.
- An extensive knowledge of current procurement practice and tools
- Ability to self-organise and prioritise workload effectively
- Good change leadership orientation to ensure improvements can be identified and captured
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.